venerdì 14 luglio 2017

All Roads Lead to Venice

Or at least to one of its outposts, trade center or emporium.
At least in the XII to XVI century.
At least in my mind (and gaming table)

Which way?

In WSS I read no tabletop gaming table can be considered complete without roads, for two simple reasons: roads are a costant landmark of any human inhabited area and your army need a way to reach the battlefield (of course opponent's one, too).

So I decided to add roads to my scenery collection, but I was unsure how. I could scratch build them, but I lack the time, so eventually I decided to buy some ready roads.

One of the thing I like most is flexible roads, so I looked for rubber roads on the net: most of my results led to very expensive options, until I found on ebay this seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/jefferson64adrian?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 Jefferson Adrian aka "Fat Frank". He builds beautiful roads and other sceneries for wargaming at a very reasonable price.

I suggest you to follow his ebay account and his blog: http://fatfrankswargameterrain.blogspot.com


From the large amount of items availables I chose an intermediate scale, 70mm wide, and usable either with my 15mm or 28mm armies.

many shape aivalable!

a close up of the roads
I expect you will see them in almost every battle report I'll post from now on.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento